Oral Hygiene | Dentist in Waterford MI
More than just a healthy mouth
Maintaining proper oral hygiene is not only important to your teeth and gums, but it is important to your overall health. Participating in good oral hygiene results in clean and debris-free teeth, gums that are pink and not sensitive, and breath that won’t kill your house plants.
So what is good oral hygiene?
The dentists at Stannard & Studt & Wolf Dentistry are always ready to educate their patients about proper oral hygiene practices. They will instruct you on daily preventative care such as how to properly brush your teeth and with what toothpaste and toothbrush. They will also show you the correct way to floss your teeth to ensure you are removing food debris from areas of your teeth your toothbrush may not be able to reach. As dentistry experts, Stannard & Studt & Wolf want your teeth and gums to be healthy, but they also know that good oral hygiene leads to increased confidence and overall well-being.
Tips for Oral Health
If you are not sure that you are practicing proper oral hygiene, here are some helpful tips that will guarantee your dental health and decrease your risk of developing cavities, gum disease, bad breath and sensitive, bleeding gums:
- Brush your teeth thoroughly at least twice a day and floss once a day
- Eat a balanced diet and limit unhealthy snacks between meals
- Avoid sugar-filled or carbonated drinks that can erode the enamel on your teeth
- Use dental products that include fluoride, including toothpaste
- Rinse with a fluoride mouth rinse if recommended by your dentist
- Provide children under the age of 12 with fluoridated drinking water or give them a fluoride supplement if they live in a non-fluoridated area.
With proper oral hygiene habits and regular dental cleanings at Stannard & Studt & Wolf Dentistry, you should be able to maintain a healthy, happy smile year after year!